Evoking the best of South Berkshire County in style and proportion. A Thoughtful reproduction Saltbox architecturally designed for a modern lifestyle. Set within lush verdant grounds in a walk to town location. A chemically friendly design exceeds expectations with materials such as ultra natural cotton insulation and pure tung oil citrus solvent on the hard wood flooring. There is a beautiful screened porch, large cooks kitchen with Wolf cooktop, double ovens, Sub Zero refrigerator, center island, and pantry. The first floor master has twin walk in closets and a beautiful bathroom. The first floor also offers a formal dining room, a fireplaced living room, and anoffice. Three additional bedrooms are on the second story and a finished game room on the lower level. A perfect Location Supplement for: 24 KALLISTE Hill, Great Barrington, MA 01230
Great Barrington was named " Best Small Town in America" by the Smithsonian Magazine in 2012. The site is minutes away from the charming New England Village of Great Barrington with a variety of fabulous restaurants and shops in the bustling downtown. Visit the first Berkshire Farmers' Market behind Barnbrook Realty on Saturday mornings in the spring, summer, and fall months. Wyantenuck Country Club and the Stockbridge Country Club, close by, offer golf, tennis, and swimming. Visit Lake Mansfield with its sandy beach and picnic tables. Catch an innovative movie at the Triplex Cinema downtown. It is a two and one half hour drive from New York City and the same from Boston and easy access from the Mass Turnpike and from the Taconic Parkway. Minutes to Tanglewood which is the summer home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, The Mount and Shakespeare & Company, Kripalu for world class yoga, Cranwell Spa, and Canyon Ranch of the Berkshires are all in near by Lenox, also close to the Berkshire Theatre Festival, the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Jacobs Pillow Dance Festival in Becket and only minutes to Butternut or Catamount Ski areas. Live in the center of the very best of the Berkshires a year round destination.
1.The exterior shingles are raw red cedar. They are thought to be more durable than white.
2.The roof is Eco-star-traditional slate color rubber roofing. It carries a 50 year guarantee.
3. The gutters are all copper and there is a warranty for the life of the system. They are from Suncross in Pittsfield
4. There is a Broan Professional style hood over a gas cook top. The counters are Corian in the kitchen and baths. The cabinets are Wood-mode with a baked on maple finish in the kitchen, baths, living room and study.
5. The windows are 6/6 true divided light Marvin brand windows.
6. The gas fireplace is from Amanda's.
7. The wood floors are oak with eight coats of chemical free pure tung oil. There is no polyurethane or stain.
8. There is a towel warmer in the master bath
9. The heating is natural gas. There is radiant heating on all of the main floor as well as in two rooms on lower level. The furnace and gas water heater are state of the art highly efficient Buderus models.
10. There is air-conditioning.
11. The insulation is a chemical free cotton batt. Ultra Touch natural fiber insulation.
12. There is an alarm system.
13. The outside faucets (4 total) are frost free. There is no need to shut off the valves in the winter.
14. The screened porch and front porch both have mahogany flooring.
15. The wall sconces in the living room are from Rejuvenation, Portland OR